Sunday, November 6, 2011

illustration friday (stripes)

One of the many things I love about Autumn is the shapes of the clouds in the sky. The other day I looked up at a sky that was striped from edge to edge.

This is a collage made from three different kinds of washi paper. The accompanying haiku by the itinerant poet Matsuo Basho, reminds me that being able to see the moon (or whatever you've set your gaze upon) --clearly and all the time-- isn’t necessarily the only way to enjoy it— or life.

10 comments:

  1. Beautifully clever! I love your stripes and moon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful haiku.

    Happy Weekend Debbie
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful image.
    I love the use of the lines.
    And a great haiku!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, what a great interpretation of this week's topic. Just perfect: theme, colours, composition, textures, the choice of papers and the haiku... Beautiful, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumns skies are awesome!
    Thks for the explanations on cucumbers. I still have to check if I find cacti next to cucumbers in that store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the texture of the papers and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well now, this is a bit of a departure for you, but I really love it!! Love the choice of haiku as well...I'm writing that one down...so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice Haiku, and I adore your washi papers!!
    Great image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely collage and awesome haiku! Very oroginal take on "stripes"!
    I'm always gazing the sky, too, it's often so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete