Friday, July 9, 2010

they draw and cook


If you have been visiting this blog for a while, you probably know how much I love to cook. I used to teach cooking to Japanese children from K to Grade 3, and thoroughly enjoyed illustrating my recipes for them.

A couple of months ago, I learned of this really cool website: They Draw & Cook that was posting "recipe renderings by artists, illustrators & designers," and I was raring to participate. But being somewhat technologically challenged, it took me a while to figure out how to follow the submission instructions.

I never did get the dimensions exactly right, but I guess I was close enough, and my illustrated recipe for Crunchy Ramen Salad Cones was posted several days ago. If you have time, take a look at some of the other submissions. They are absolutely awesome.

5 comments:

  1. I love your illustrations for that. Looks great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It tastes great too, actually. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I spent ages looking at the other entries, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anchan, isn't the website cool? An incredible spectrum of creativity (not to mention the artistic talent). It's inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and very stylish illustration! I really enjoy your explorations and interpretations of Japanese arts, including the edible ones!

    ReplyDelete