Sunday, September 27, 2015

carrots by any other name


I recently made a new friend by overcoming my natural desire to fade into the woodwork, and instead, reaching out to someone who looked like she felt even more out of place than I did.

Yesterday she brought over a huge pitcher full of freshly-made carrot juice, the tastiest carrot juice I have ever, ever had. I've always liked carrots, but I never loved carrots until yesterday. To celebrate this life event, I made some carrot etegami.

The card at the top says "Mr.Carrot, I had underestimated you." I'm sending this one to my new friend. I have no doubt that she will pick up on the double meaning-- a reference to my happy surprise in our new friendship.

The second card says: We are not of night nor of darkness; so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober. (I Thessalonians 5:6)

2 comments:

  1. Such a good thing to be able to be still marveled at something! A new friendship on top of it, nothing else to ask for...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You almost inspire me to go eat a carrot. New friends are a wonderful thing. I hope you have more happy times together :)

    ReplyDelete