Wednesday, September 16, 2015

calling earth


I find that I need a break from the internet (specifically social networking sites) more and more often these days, and the string of September holidays called Silver Week has given me another excuse to go offline. People can still call or text me... unless I lose my stone-age cell phone of course. In which case there's always the good ol' postal service. I've said it many times, and I'll say it again: I sure do love the Japan Postal Service. Now that's a civilized way to stay in touch.

3 comments:

  1. It's OK, there is a time for everything...
    As long as, as you say, the ones who want to communicate still can find a way to communicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand to talk on the phone, and I've never owned a cell phone, smart or otherwise. I don't do social media, and only rarely communicate via email. Nearly all of my personal communication is done through the USPS. My only complaint about the USPS is the mess the US Congress has made of it financially, causing the closing of so many facilities, and resulting in increased mail travel times in the US. I'm a member of Postcrossing, and the postcards I send to many European countries often are delivered in 7 - 10 days, whereas postcards I send within the US often take 2 - 3 weeks, and first class mail can take that long as well. Still, I prefer the postal service to other forms of personal communication.

    ReplyDelete