Tuesday, November 23, 2010

new etegami goals




This year has gone by soooo fast. Does it seem that way to you? One of my goals for 2010 was to do an etegami series of Japanese Proverbs, and thanks partly to my mid-year decision to combine that series with the Sketchbook Project, I managed to wrap up both goals in a way that I am satisfied with.

As I cast about for a new etegami focus for 2011, I came to realize that, somewhere deep inside, the decision had been made the moment I discovered the They Draw and Cook website. Thanks to TDAC lighting a match to this particular fire, I am now having the time of my life combining two of my passions: Etegami and Creative Cookery. I will try to complete a minimum of 50 illustrated recipes during the coming year, many of them recipes I've devised myself and were inspired by Japanese food culture.

In addition to this, and for a limited time only, I'll be accepting custom orders from people who want to preserve and display a recipe that means something special to them. The details are here on my Etsy shop.

9 comments:

  1. Very good news!!!
    Ganbate Debbie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to trying out some of your recipes to go along with the feast for the eyes that your cards are.
    Than you Debbie for the card, it was a lovely surprise waiting for me when I arrived home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie,
    really tasty recipees and beautiful etegami. I'd like to try the Matcha cheesecake but I'm not a good cook...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your etagamis are so cute & professional! I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes as you launch your next project! These recipes sound as delicious as they look! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This year is going far too fast and I can't believe it's nearly over. I love Japanese food and love your recipe cards, absolutely awesome, might have to do some myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could so publish a book with your material Debbie! Or maybe you have already?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! Glad you like the peppermint tea, it's so easy to make - thanks. Look forward to seeing the illustrated recipes.

    ReplyDelete