Monday, February 20, 2012

ex libris 2






This is the direction I seem to be going with my bookplates (so far). I may end up going in an entirely different direction. Thank you dear readers for all the helpful suggestions. Keep them coming. So far I'm concentrating on Ainu motif-inspired designs. I think I will keep some of them black&white, color some of them with traditional etegami paints, and color one or two with colored gel pens... which I've ordered at great cost, but which haven't yet arrived.

7 comments:

  1. LOVE them all but especially the cicada and the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, they came to life! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, the one at the bottom is supposed to be a flock of migrating red-crowned cranes. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cicada and the fish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fish and the cicada are my favorites, but I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Work! Looking forward to more of them!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete