Saturday, July 22, 2017

stamp people (the siblings)


I thought I was getting my Stamp People obsession under control, but it reared its wild head again and dragged me down a tangent. This tangent resulted in a new crop of Stamp People inspired by each of my five siblings. The images posted here were all created from used postage stamps and old cooking magazines.

I'm the oldest of six, you see. My younger siblings are all unique and possess much more than one talent each. Such as my sister, the poet. My next sister, the chicken lady. My next sister, the sign language interpreter. My brother, the philosopher. And my youngest sister, the poster designer. None of them can be captured in just one image. So it's a safe bet that there will soon be alternate versions of the sibling series. Such as the last image I posted below, which was also inspired by my first sister.

It may be a while before I get back onto the main road of traditional etegami. But not too long. I think.


10 comments:

  1. These are fun. Go where your creativity leads you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Though it feels more like going where my creativity drags me. ha ha

      Delete
  2. LOL! Just the thing for a stormy Saturday here in Texas. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been having a long series of horrendous storms and flooding too. I hope you stayed safe. Thanks for enjoying my Stamp People.

      Delete
  3. Love these and love the humour in them, I'm sure your siblings do too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I do hope they find the cards entertaining. I'm getting sets of them printed as Christmas presents, and my siblings are far too polite to complain.

      Delete
  4. I love evry single one and hope you do many more. You have such a great eye for what works, whether in etegami or stamp people, or both! Your CA fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jacki sensei. That means a lot to me.

      Delete
  5. So full of humour!
    Such a wonderful way to exercise your art!
    Good luck with the weather...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Therese! The weather has settled down for now. In Hokkaido, the school children have just begun their summer vacation, so it is a bit noisy outside. Maybe their antics will inspire me to do some Stamp Children. ha ha

      Delete