Saturday, November 21, 2015

happy collaboration


Fumiko Koga is a dear friend I know through etegami exchange, but whose talents and curiosity are most brilliantly expressed in cut-paper art cards and paper crafts. (Do a search for Fumiko on my mailart gallery blog to see many, many samples of her work.)

A couple days ago, she sent me four pieces of origami paper folded into narrow triangles, along with a diagram showing how to insert the points of those triangles into one another to form a picture frame. I followed her directions, which resulted in the square frame shown above, with a tilted empty space in the middle. I filled the empty space with some origami paper of my own and decorated it with snowflakes and an etegami fox in his snowy den. Then I glued the whole thing onto a stiff board so I could hang it more easily.

I forgot to take a photo of the materials before I put the frame together, so I've attached one taken by Linda Austin, also from our etegami group, who received similar parts from Fumiko to make her own frame. Such a fun collaboration!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty, and fun to get a project in the mail from a friend :) Love the phone covers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I never got instructions about how to make the parts, just a diagram about to put the parts together. (And I don't have it anymore. I'm so sorry.) But I'll ask Fumiko to make me a set of instructions so I can share it. :)

      Delete